Pre Marital Counselling
Have you been planning obsessively for your big day and envisioning the perfect wedding? Take some time out from all the wedding planning and ask yourself if the two of you are also preparing for your marriage and all the issues that invariably come with it. At Z-Edge, we try and bring the two of you on the same page through pre-marital counselling, so that you have a better understanding of the differences that make you unique and how you can use these differences to your advantage for a happy marriage ahead.
What is it?
Pre- marital counseling is to bring two different individuals on a common platform before they step into matrimony. Marriage is not just about two people coming together to the exclusion of everyone else, is inextricably woven with so many interpersonal and intrapersonal issues. It is also about the influence of circumstances and surroundings and the difference in the background ,their attitude, ideas and ideology.
WHY IS PRE-MARITAL COUNSELLING DONE?
Pre-marital counseling can play a huge role in helping couples improve their relationship before taking the big plunge. Couples get a platform to discuss a variety of topics related to marriage, such as:
- Their individual roles
- Open communication
- Their ideas and ideologies
- Anger management
- Relationships with family members
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF PRE-MARITAL COUNSELLING?
Pre-marital counselling results in extremely fruitful outcomes:
- It helps voice the expectations of both partners clearly
- The idea is to paint a realistic picture of togetherness rather than just a rosy one
- Identifying underlying issues and have a better understanding about how to deal with it
- How the personality types interact and facilitates a clearer understanding of each other and better adaptability of the differences
Pre-marital counselling helps partners set realistic expectations about the life ahead, and develop tools or skills to resolve conflicts. It also helps couples warm up to the idea of seeking help even in the future and not shying away from it.